Prior to adopting her current practice focus, Ms. McConnell’s practice focused on negotiating complex real estate and telecommunications deals. Below are some representative matters handled by Ms. McConnell:
- Real estate counsel for HSOC, Inc., agent for Fulton-DeKalb Hospital Authority d/b/a Grady Health System, in the re-development of (i) the Grady Hospital complex and (ii) the redevelopment of Children’s Hospital at Emory.
- Co-counsel for Piedmont Hospital in connection with development of Piedmont Newnan Regional Hospital.
- Acquisition/development counsel for major Southeastern health care facility developer of, among other facilities, a M.D. Anderson certified cancer treatment center in Mobile, AL.
- Leasing and Development Counsel for the Development Authority of the City of Decatur, Georgia in connection with development of Cakes & Ale and re-development of Decatur Convention Center by Marriott Hotel.
- Real estate and development counsel for Verizon Wireless from 1988-2003.
Prior to opening her own firm in 2004, Ms. McConnell practiced at Troutman Sanders LLP, an international law firm providing full range of legal services, from 1987 through 2003.
University of Nebraska-Lincoln (1985)
Juris Doctorate, with distinction
Editor, Law Review, 1984-1985
Maryville College (1978)
Bachelor of Arts, cum laude
She is member of the State Bar of Georgia